Eastern Canadian Rally Championship - ECRC
ECRC 2024 uses the results of the regional events held in the eastern part of Canada in order to establish a scoring among eligible participants. If the status of an event listed in the championship is national and regional, the regional event is taken in account.
This Series is fully supported by Canadian Association of Rallysport (CARS) and all events are sanctioned by CARS and the appropriate regional association Rallye Sport Québec, Rally Sport Ontario or Atlantic Region Motor Sport.
Members of the committee
Karianne Hubert (Rallye Perce-Neige)
TBA (Shannonville Stages)
François East (Rallye de Sanair)
Danny Hudon (Rallye Baie-des-Chaleurs)
Bruce Leonard (Black Bear Rally)
Louis Montpellier (Rallye Défi)
Samuel Tremblay (Rallye de Charlevoix)
Bruce Leonard (Lincoln Electric Rally of the Tall Pines)
Project coordinator: Alain Bergeron (Website updates)
All inquiry related to these regulations and their interpretation must be submitted to project coordinator who will submit the issue to the members of the committee. The inquiry must be submitted on written form at:
Boischatel (Québec) G0A 1H0
Format of the Championship
Number of events: 9
CARS regions: Quebec and Ontario
Number of events that participants will count: All
Minimum number of events started to be eligible to awards: 3
- Drivers with speed factor lower than 85 who start any event part of the series.
- At events with multiple statuses (national and regional), the participant needs to enter the regional event indicated in the supplementary regulations as ECRC or CREC eligible event. If the participant enters only the national event, there will be no points awarded to this participant.
- Eligible vehicle classes are those defined in CARS regulation N.R.R 12: 4WD Open, 2WD Open and Production 4WD and 2WD. US Vehicles not in compliance with CARS class rules will not be eligible for Championship points.
Drivers who start their first ECRC event of the year with a speed factor of 85 or more are not eligible for this series. Drivers who improve their speed factor at 85 or more part way through the year retain their eligibility until the end of the competition season.
There is no registration procedure to be part of the championship.
A standing will be established for:
- Overall driver and co-driver (all classes combined)
- Overall 2WD driver and co-driver (all 2WD classes combined)
- P4WD driver and co-driver
- P2WD driver and co-driver
Registration fees to championship
No registration fees will be asked of participants.
Standings will be based on general scoring per class and overall using the same scoring system as a national. Standings will be established among eligible drivers only. Co-driver gets the same points as the driver.
Driver’s Speed Factors
The speed factor list used will be the CARS speed factor list or the speed factor determine by the organizers of the event if not on the CARS list.
The ECRC results at an event will be published on the official notice board after the posting of the final official general results. The cumulative results for the season will be published on the Web site of the championship at www.ecrc-crec.ca
No event awards will be provided. Series awards will be provided for each class to participant with a minimum of 3 events started.
- Trophy will be given to the first, second and third driver overall
- Trophy will be given to the first, second and third driver overall 2WD
- Trophy will be given to the first driver P4WD
- Trophy will be given to the first driver P2WD
- Trophy to first Co-driver of each class.
The Awards presentation ceremony will be held during CARS Awards Ceremony in 2024.
Version December 20 2023 AB